Open Play Times
10am-Noon daily, 1pm-3pm daily, 6pm-8pm weekdays only.
We close for special events often, so if a date you desire is unavailable when booking, it’s because there’s most likely a private event at that time.
Open Play Rates
2 Hours of PlayAttractions may vary
- All guests who enter must have a ticket
- All guests must sign a waiver
- Parents Play Free with the donation of a new or gently used toy (March 2023 only)
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an Adult
All sales are final. Each person who wants to enter the recessROOM will need to pay admission. No refunds, exchanges, or re-entry. Height and age requirements vary per attraction. We reserve the right to limit guests to two hours of play based on capacity. No outside food or drink is allowed (with exceptions for private parties only). Attractions may change depending on the time of day and requests from other patrons (be sure to check the calendar for attraction availability).
Code of Conduct
- Respect the staff and other guests in the recessROOM. This includes using polite language and following any instructions or rules given by the staff.
- Keep the recessROOM clean and tidy. This includes disposing trash in designated trash cans and not bringing outside food or drinks.
- Supervise children at all times. Parents or guardians should ensure that their children behave safely and responsibly in the recessROOM.
- Follow the rules of each attraction or activity. This includes any height, weight, or age restrictions, as well as any instructions given by staff.
- Use equipment and facilities responsibly. Do not damage or misuse any equipment or facilities, and follow any instructions provided for their use.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not take photos or videos of other guests without their permission.
- Keep noise levels to a reasonable level. Be mindful of the volume of your voice and any music or devices you may be using.
- Be considerate of others’ enjoyment of the recessROOM. Do not engage in any behavior that may disturb or disrupt the experience of others.
- By following these guidelines, families can help to create a pleasant and enjoyable environment for all guests in the recessROOM.
The recessROOM is a giant play space that contains over 40 different mini-games, a slew of toys, and rotating attractions. We’re adding new fun stuff every day. Please visit our games page for a preview of some of our games and attractions.
We cater to ages 0 to 99, depending on the time of the day. The games and attractions rotate at recessROOM so please check our calendar to see what games and attractions are set up at the time you would like to visit.
You should play with them of course. We believe recess is for EVERYBODY. We encourage parents to teach their children games they played during their school-aged recess days.
We plan to offer organized sports like dodgeball, pickleball, Gellyball, and more very shortly. We even plan to offer league play very soon. In the meantime, we are partnering with community organizations to provide play pop-ups, provide professional development courses to help recruit the next generation of playworkers, develop both in-school and out-of-school programming, and fill our calendar with many play opportunities. Currently, we offer hourly freecess, aka unorganized play, in addition to recessLabs, adult and family game night, yoga, and more. Please sign up for our monthly newsletter and/or visit our calendar page to see what activities we have planned.
During normal business hours, one hour of play costs $10. Frequent visitors may be interested in our Play Club for the added benefit of an extra free hour per visit for the club member + up to 3 paid guests (e.g. a family of 4 can play for 2 hours for $40) or one free hour for 1 guest (a family of 2 can play for 1 hour for $10). As a nonprofit, we want to make sure our space is accessible to everyone, so we do have an additional 30% off coupon available for families in need.
Yes. The families that visit and support us run the space, and our staff just pay the bills and keeps the space clean. You may add a game or equipment to our wishlist, see active requests, and/or donate to existing requests on our wishlist page.