Code of Conduct
- Respect the staff and other guests in the recessROOM. This includes using polite language and following any instructions or rules given by the staff.
- Keep the recessROOM clean and tidy. This includes disposing trash in designated trash cans and not bringing outside food or drinks.
- Supervise children at all times. Parents or guardians should ensure that their children behave safely and responsibly in the recessROOM.
- Follow the rules of each attraction or activity. This includes any height, weight, or age restrictions, as well as any instructions given by staff.
- Use equipment and facilities responsibly. Do not damage or misuse any equipment or facilities, and follow any instructions provided for their use.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not take photos or videos of other guests without their permission.
- Keep noise levels to a reasonable level. Be mindful of the volume of your voice and any music or devices you may be using.
- Be considerate of others’ enjoyment of the recessROOM. Do not engage in any behavior that may disturb or disrupt the experience of others.
- By following these guidelines, families can help to create a pleasant and enjoyable environment for all guests in the recessROOM.
The recessROOM is a giant play space that contains over 40 different mini-games, a slew of toys, and rotating attractions. We’re adding new fun stuff every day. Please visit our games page for a preview of some of our games and attractions.
We cater to ages 0 to 99, depending on the time of the day. The games and attractions rotate at recessROOM so please check our calendar to see what games and attractions are set up at the time you would like to visit.
You should play with them of course. We believe recess is for EVERYBODY. We encourage parents to teach their children games they played during their school-aged recess days.
We plan to offer organized sports like dodgeball, pickleball, Gellyball, and more very shortly. We even plan to offer league play very soon. In the meantime, we are partnering with community organizations to provide play pop-ups, provide professional development courses to help recruit the next generation of playworkers, develop both in-school and out-of-school programming, and fill our calendar with many play opportunities. Currently, we offer hourly freecess, aka unorganized play, in addition to recessLabs, adult and family game night, yoga, and more. Please sign up for our monthly newsletter and/or visit our calendar page to see what activities we have planned.
During normal business hours, one hour of play costs $10. Frequent visitors may be interested in our Play Club for the added benefit of an extra free hour per visit for the club member + up to 3 paid guests (e.g. a family of 4 can play for 2 hours for $40) or one free hour for 1 guest (a family of 2 can play for 1 hour for $10). As a nonprofit, we want to make sure our space is accessible to everyone, so we do have an additional 30% off coupon available for families in need.